9.30.2011

Gas station meat and I'm not pretty

When I contemplated starting a blog of my dreams, I had some fears about it.  Primarily, I was afraid that, in defiance, my subconscious (or the Sandman or the BFG) would either stop supplying me with fantastic dreams or make them extremely banal (as in the case of my friend who has nightmares consisting of being unable to balance his checkbook).  It seems, however, that the opposite has happened.  My dreams are so complex most nights that it is terribly difficult to even put them into words when I wake up, much less record them in a way that makes sense.  I'm still going to try to write bits of them, but I guess I need to realize and accept that it's not going to work for me to tell all dreams in story form.

That said, here's last night's:
It included my boyfriend not liking me, and then later an ex-boyfriend also didn't like me (clarification: wouldn't have sex with me).  Someone random explained to me that I'm not pretty, using mathematical proofs and diagrams to explain this fact.  There was also a sad elephant, which is always horribly depressing.
Nearer to the end, the theme was me, boyfriend (who would spontaneously turn into the ex from earlier in the dream and then back into himself), and my younger brother visiting a gas station.  We bought two packages of raw meat, which Ex-bf ate a couple of handfuls of.  Somehow I managed not to throw up all over the counter when he did that.
I also had to work to convince my brother that he didn't need to buy two travel-sized tubes of toothpaste.  I think he still bought one, though in awake-world-retrospect, he didn't need that.  Come to think of it, buying opened packages of raw ground beef wasn't the best idea either.

No comments:

Post a Comment